At the very start of the COVID pandemic in March 2020, MISIC worked feverishly to locate, vet and organize resources for our districts as they turned to remote teaching and learning. To this end, the MISIC team developed a host of resources:
- A LiveBinder of hundreds of resources on a variety of topic related to online learning as well as reopening planning for schools
- A set of micro-credentials to help teachers develop new skills in remote teaching and learning
- A set of micro-credentials on social-emotional learning to build educator skills
- Organized book studies on several timely and popular topics
- Series of one-page “Tip Sheets” for targeted areas with links to key resources and ideas. Audiences for these one-page documents included administrators, parents and teachers.
- Shared, curated resources on our Facebook page.
- Zoom and phone support for members looking for specific resources.
We opened some of our work for free to all districts in order to benefit the youth and educators across our country. We continue to add new resources, new micro-credentials and new LiveBinders (such as one on Cultural Diversity) to our supports for members. As of September 15, all of these valuable resources will only be available to MISIC members. If your district is not currently a member of MISIC, please contact us to become a member and continue your access to these very important resources!