Last Modified: October 13, 2020
Mid-Iowa School Improvement Consortium (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you interact with the Company, through our website www.misiciowa.org (our “Website“), email communications and other electronic messages, and other platforms (collectively, our “Channels”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy does not apply to information collected by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website or from other Channels.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Channels are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or through the Channels. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information through our Channels, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users that interact with out Channels, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, employer name, school district, and telephone number (“personal information“);
- Account registration information, including without limitation, username and password and communication preferences;
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Channels, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- From our contractors and service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Channels. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Channels may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms available through our Channels. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or requesting email updates from us.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Channels, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including details of your visits to our Website and information about your computer and internet connection.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To interact with you on our Channels.
- To provide you with information on our products or services.
- To provide you with information on the products and services of third parties that may be of interest to you.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purposes when we have your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Mid-Iowa School Improvement Consortium’s assets.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With other third parties, when we have your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Mid-Iowa School Improvement Consortium, our members, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Email Updates from Company. If you have signed up through the [/email-sign-up/ ] page on our website to receive email updates from us on certain topics you selected, you can opt-out by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. If you want to adjust your topic preferences, please visit the [/email-sign-up/] page or click the “Manage Your Subscription” link at the bottom of the email.
- Email Communications. To opt-out from any email from us, please use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information. However, third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in a particular manner.
Security, Retention and Storage of Information
We use commercially reasonable procedures to protect the information that we collect. However, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained in the Channels.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correction or deletion of any personal information that you have provided to us. If you request that your personal information be deleted, please note that some parts of our Website may then be inaccessible or not function properly. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Mid-Iowa School Improvement Consortium (MISIC)
PO Box 368
715 Main Street
Jewell, IA 50130
Attn: Jamie Morgan