MISIC will once again host a LIVE conference on September 13-14 at the FFA Center in Ankeny. The conference will focus on several strands, spread across two full days of learning and sharing. Consider using ESSER III monies to attend, as the conference focuses on many areas that are specifically linked to allowable uses. (See this document for suggestions on how this expenditure could be justified under ESSER III guidelines.)
Attend one or both days and learn about:
- Social-Emotional Learning in the Classroom
- Mitigating Learning Loss and Accelerating Learning
- Classroom Management and Instructional Strategies
- Deepening Student Engagement
- Effective Remote Teaching and Learning
- Building a Culturally Responsive Classroom
- Assessing Student Progress and Using ISASP Results
Just a few of the guest speakers and session presenters include:
- Simon Estes
- Dr. Ann Lebo, Director of the Iowa DOE
- Catherine Welch and Stephen Dunbar – ISASP
- Maria Lantz – Co-Founder of the Social Emotional Learning Alliance
- Brittany Freeman – National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI Iowa)
- Liz Cox – Polk County Health Services
- Jennifer Ulie-Wells – Please Pass the Love
- Brian Christoffersen – Coe College
- Stacey Cole – Storm Lake CSD Superintendent
PLUS a host of other professionals and practitioners. Make sure you have a seat by registering now!
Two-Day Registration – $175
One-Day Registration – $100
***Special Member Benefit: Register 4 people and the 5th person is free!***
Two-Day Registration – $345
One-Day Registration – $195
***Note: Non-Member registration costs of $170/$95 will be credited to districts that join MISIC within the fiscal year 2021-2022.***
Call for Presenters
We are also accepting submissions for presenters at the conference. Sessions will be various lengths and should showcase how you are addressing one or more of the topics listed above in your district or building. If possible, please connect your session title and description to the conference theme.
To submit a presentation, please complete this form.
If your session is selected, you will receive free registration for the conference.