One of the best reasons for your MISIC membership is the support you give and receive from each other! Not only are we impacting students and improving curriculum, we are impacting each other’s professional practices.
MISIC members have contributed seven new micro-credentials this fall that reflect the focused topics in their professional learning program and instructional practices. These are available to all MISIC members and can be found here*.
- Consensus Protocols for Group Decision Making
- The General Education Teacher’s Role in Disability Suspect Process
- Making Learning Stick: Shorter Trumps Longer
- Making Learning Stick: Talking Trumps Listening
- Using Learning Targets to Enhance Student Learning
- Using Success Criteria Aligned to Standards
- Writing a SMART Goal
Click HERE for the complete catalog of micro-credentials available to YOU!
New Book Studies
Five new titles have been added to our book study collection. These studies were developed by member districts to meet a professional learning need of their faculty. The templates can be accessed here*, and you are welcome to revise them for your district or school.
- Classroom Assessment for Student Learning: Doing it Right, Using it Well
- Engage Every Family: Five Simple Principles
- Learning by Doing: A Handbook for PLCs at Work
- Student Learning Communities: A Springboard for Academic & Social-Emotional Development
- Unshakeable: 20 Ways to Enjoy Teaching Every Day. . . No Matter What
Click HERE* for the complete list of book studies that are ready for YOU! Just let us know if you want us to
work with you to develop a new one for your district!
*NOTE: If you are not registered to access the password protected pages of the website, you will need to do so to access
the materials. Please follow the steps below to register for the MISIC website.
- Click here to register now: http://misiciowa.org/member-resources/member-registration/
- Use your school email address.
- After you register you will receive an email letting you know that your registration is PENDING.
- DO NOT attempt to login until you receive the second email.
- Once a MISIC team member verifies that you are a member, you will receive another email letting you know you are APPROVED.
- After you login, you can point to your Username in the top right corner of the site and click on “Edit My Profile” to change your password or edit other profile information.