- This event has passed.
MISIC Spring Conference – Focus on Inquiry
April 12 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm$100
FFA Enrichment Center – Ankeny
Morning General Session: Inquiry in Action
Professionals from various fields share how inquiry is embedded in their careers and personal lives.
Lunch Keynote Session Featuring:
Katrina “Rena” Sletten, an award winner of a Brooke Owens Fellowship for women in aerospace fields, will share her personal journey as an advocate for learning science.
20+ Breakout Sessions featuring:
- DE Science Consultant, Kris Kilibarda
- DE Math Consultant, April Pforts
- 2017 Teacher of the Year, Shelly Vroegh
- MISIC Member Districts
- the MISIC team and More!
- Coaching for Inquiry
- What Makes Learning Stick With Our Generation Z Learners?
- Questioning to Support Growth in Teacher Efficacy
- Rebooting Your PLC with an Inquiry Focus
- Let’s Get Our Inquiry On in Middle School Math
- Bringing Inquiry to Life in Your Science and Social Studies Classroom
- Science Curriculum Review: Selecting Well Designed Materials to Support Inquiry
- Teaching and Learning Through Inquiry
- Using Text Sets to Promote Inquiry
- Socratic Seminar: Questioning from the Ground Up
- Should there be Zoos? Inquiry in the Language Arts Classroom (Grades 3-8)
- Explore Social Studies Through the Lens of Compelling Questions and Intentional Unit & Lesson Design
- Project Based Learning, Inquiry & Social Studies
- Using MISIC Resources to Support Teachers in Teaching Inquiry
- Using Curriculum Manager to Ensure that Students are Taught the Inquiry (and other) Standards
- And More!
Each participant will be able to choose 4 sessions to attend during the conference.
MISIC Members: $100/person
Non-MISIC Members: $195/person
***Note: Non-Member registration costs of $95 will be credited to districts that join MISIC within the fiscal year 2017-2018.
Please contact Jamie Morgan at email@example.com
Please refer to the calendar frequently, as all changes to dates, times and locations will be made as soon as possible after they occur.
Prospective members are welcome to learn more about us by attending a consortium meeting. Please let us know which meeting you plan to attend.