Trauma-Sensitive Schools Workshop
MISIC has partnered with Ms. Jen Alexander to offer one license renewal credit through her social-emotional workshop entitled Building Trauma Sensitive Schools on June 22 & 23. Jen Alexander is an experienced teacher, trainer, and author of the bestselling book Building Trauma-Sensitive Schools.
In this two-day virtual workshop, Jen Alexander will introduce you to all the essentials of trauma-sensitive PreK–12 learning environments—and explicitly teach you how to use trauma-informed response to intervention to meet the needs of all students.
Participants will know, understand, and/or be able to…
- Explain the four essentials of trauma-sensitive schools
- Recognize the complex ways trauma can affect children’s bodies, emotions, behavior, learning, and relationships
- Develop a trauma-informed mindset
- Learn about resilience factors and how to help students develop them
- Understand why restorative discipline practices are more effective than traditional approaches
- Receive guidance on building and strengthening a trauma-sensitive learning environment within a multi-tiered system of support (MTSS)
- Create a concrete action plan you can put to work right away to help your students
- Practice using the innovative “River of Feelings” visual and the accompanying activities to help students improve regulation skills
- Practice trauma-sensitive mindfulness and create a personalized self-care plan
Attend both days of this engaging workshop by yourself or with your team, and come away ready to help every student feel safe and ready to learn.
The cost of the two-day workshop is $125, but MISIC members can contact Jamie to receive a discount code and reduce the cost to $100 for both days. There will be an additional fee of $35 if you choose to earn license renewal credit.