MISIC Spring Conference
FOCUS ON INQUIRY
Thursday, April 12, 2018
FFA Enrichment Center in Ankeny
Morning General Session: Inquiry in Action
Professionals from various fields share how inquiry is embedded in their careers and personal lives.
Lunch Keynote Session Featuring:
Katrina “Rena” Sletten, an award winner of a Brooke Owens Fellowship for women in aerospace fields, will share her personal journey as an advocate for learning science.
20+ Breakout Sessions featuring:
- DE Science Consultant, Kris Kilibarda
- DE Math Consultant, April Pforts
- 2017 Teacher of the Year, Shelly Vroegh
- MISIC Member Districts
- the MISIC team and More!
- Coaching for Inquiry
- What Makes Learning Stick With Our Generation Z Learners?
- Questioning to Support Growth in Teacher Efficacy
- Rebooting Your PLC with an Inquiry Focus
- Let’s Get Our Inquiry On in Middle School Math
- Bringing Inquiry to Life in Your Science and Social Studies Classroom
- Science Curriculum Review: Selecting Well Designed Materials to Support Inquiry
- Teaching and Learning Through Inquiry
- Using Text Sets to Promote Inquiry
- Socratic Seminar: Questioning from the Ground Up
- Should there be Zoos? Inquiry in the Language Arts Classroom (Grades 3-8)
- Explore Social Studies Through the Lens of Compelling Questions and Intentional Unit & Lesson Design
- Project Based Learning, Inquiry & Social Studies
- Using MISIC Resources to Support Teachers in Teaching Inquiry
- Using Curriculum Manager to Ensure that Students are Taught the Inquiry (and other) Standard
- And More!
Each participant will be able to choose 4 sessions to attend during the conference.