Apply Now for James Madison Legacy Project
Social studies colleagues,
See below about this exciting opportunity from the Iowa Bar Association.
Want to know more about America’s founding? Curious about how current events connect to Constitutional issues? If you are a middle or high school teacher who teaches civics or U.S. history, you are invited to apply to be part of the first year of the James Madison Legacy Project. The Project will give teachers access to Constitutional scholars and teacher mentors who will help participants implement best practices in the teaching of the Constitution. Only TEN teachers will be selected for the project.
- Professional development from Constitutional scholars and teacher mentors
- $500 stipend plus mileage, lodging, and meals are paid for
- Class sets of We the People textbooks
- Three license renewal credits will be provided
- June 27-30, 2016 in Lincoln, Nebraska
- October 14-15, 2016 in Des Moines, Iowa (Friday, 5:00-8:00 and Saturday 8:30-3:30)
Click here to apply (The application deadline is May 5th. You will be notified by May 16th.)
Stefanie Rosenberg Wager
Social Studies Consultant
21st Century Skills- Civic and Financial Literacy