MISIC – New Logo Competition Rules
This is an invitation for submission of graphic designs for MISIC: Impacting Students; Improving Curriculum
Submission cut-off date has been extended to April 30, 2016.
- Entries must be emailed to Jamie Morgan (firstname.lastname@example.org) for submission.
- The winning entry will be selected by the MISIC Board. Logo entrants will be notified of the results via email once a decision has been made.
- This contest is open to students at MISIC Member Districts.
- The winning submission will earn the artist a $500 scholarship.
- Winnings shall not be transferable or cumulative. Winning artwork becomes the property of MISIC, for use and/or modification in promotional literature and materials for MISIC. Prizes as described will constitute full compensation for the use of the artwork.
Logo Design Specifications
The Logo Design (or Graphic) will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Clarity of message related to MISIC: Impacting Students; Improving Curriculum
- Visual impact
- Reproducibility (on website and documents)
Required design elements:
- Reflect the mission of MISIC: Impacting Students; Improving Curriculum
- Name of the consortium – MISIC
Encouraged design elements:
- Education, Working Together, Collaboration, 21st Century
***Note: Our consortium is expanding beyond Iowa and we would like a design that does not include the Iowa border in the logo.***
Technical Requirements for Submission:
- Artwork can be produced by any means you like, but we require the final submission be an electronic file. Hand-made artwork must be scanned as LINE ART at 225 ppi/dpi and submitted as electronic file
- Acceptable file formats and resolution requirements are: PSD, EPS, AI, JPG, TIFF
- 225 ppi/dpi minimum resolution
- Approximately 2000 x 2000 pixels (8.5”)
- Please flatten your artwork for submission.
- NO Word files, NO PowerPoint files. These are not printing resolution applications.
- If you use fonts in your image, and cannot flatten the image for some reason, please either convert text to outlines, or include them with your file.
Additional design considerations
We will use this Graphic in a wide range of sizes, from 1.5” up to 10” or larger. This makes it a challenge to design a clear, readable image at such varying uses, like letterhead and posters. A good test of your design is to print it on 8.5″ x 11″ paper and put it 10 feet away; can you still read everything?
A note about using clip art, stock photography, illustrations, etc.
Please respect copyrights of other artists. If you copy an image, illustration, photo or icon from a book, website, CD/DVD or other source without permission (assume you DON’T unless it is expressly given) you are infringing copyrights of someone else’s work. Please make your own, based on the idea that inspired you.